Proper maintenance of your hearing aid can significantly extend the life of the device. It can also ensure the device is working at full capacity. Below we’ve put together some helpful tips on how to properly maintain your device and how to troubleshoot any problems that may arise:
Tips on maintaining your device:
- Keep your hearing device in a dry, cool place.
- Turn off your hearing aid when not in use. Remove the battery when the device won’t be in use for an extended period of time.
- Carefully clean battery contacts regularly, making sure not to bend the contacts.
- Regularly change filters so that dirt and wax don’t build up.
- Remove any earwax buildup on the device. This can cause permanent damage.
- Never insert objects into the sound outlet. When cleaning, use a small brush or soft cloth.
- Never wear your hearing aid while swimming, in the shower, using a blow dryer or applying hair spray.
Common problems and solutions:
If you still need help with your hearing aid(s), contact us today. Our hearing care professionals are here to help you with all your hearing needs.