Tips for keeping hearing aids clean
A few general tips to keep in mind regardless of brand:
- Use a soft cloth that will not leave fibers behind when you wipe
- Remove any wax residue
- Carefully dust the battery door and microphone housing
- Occasionally remove earmolds from the body and wash them with a mild soap solution
- Store your devices in a moisture-free container
In addition, remember to:
- Be cautious when handling your hearing devices
- Keep them away from pets, children
- Do not use airborne chemicals/aerosol sprays near them
- Avoid all exposure to moisture
- Store hearing devices in a dry and safe place
- Test your batteries to ensure they are fully charged and performing optimally
If you are experiencing feedback and you have cleaned your hearing aids, make sure to give us a call, as it may indicate that something is wrong.
Troubleshooting for your hearing aid
If your device stops working:
- Check the receiver and openings for wax residue
- Ensure all pieces/tubing are connected correctly
- See if anything is blocking the microphone
- Inspect for cracks or visible damage
- Make sure it is on and that the volume is loud enough for you to hear
- Confirm the battery is charged and inserted correctly
If device produces feedback:
- Check the volume levels
- Make sure it is inserted correctly
- Confirm that the microphone is not obstructed
Dos and Don’ts when getting used to new hearing aids
- Practice using your new devices at home
- Start gradually and build up over time until you can wear them all day
- Be patient, as loud sounds take time to get used to
- Slowly increase the number of people you speak to simultaneously
- Get discouraged; you will adjust
- Leave your hearing aid in a moist or humid environment
- Be deterred by background noise
- Forget to keep a supply of fresh batteries handy
- Be afraid to ask for help—call us at (866) 337-1288 to walk you through issues
Hearing aid repair
Even if you take excellent care of your hearing aids, they may need a professional to adjust them. A battery door may be loose, or the sound may need an adjustment. Maybe the hearing aids were exposed to moisture or were cracked. Whisper Hearing Aid Center is here to help.
When possible, we will repair your hearing aids onsite while you wait. In some cases, we can return them to the manufacturer, who has the tools and expertise to fix specialized issues.
Information on your product’s warranty is available from the manufacturer, generally online. Please call (866) 337-1288 for aid-specific information. If you did not purchase your device from us and have questions regarding the warranty, you will likely have to address your needs directly with the manufacturer.
Schedule an appointment
Free hearing assessment
Why choose us?
Our professionalism and competence provide you with a better experience.